Saturday, February 27, 2010

What might be to come...


If this is God's will, then this will be the site of our next 3-4 years. With our acceptance to this school, we are able to plan more concretely this next "dance" Heather and I will experience. This would entail leaving our home of southern California and trading it for a small, low key area; we would be away from what we are comfortable with, we would be farther away from friends and family...this would definitely stretch both of us and it will help us to rely more on each other for support. I know that it will be different and at times tough but praise God that he gave wrote 1 Corinthians 10:13. He will not give anything that is too hard for us to experience and better yet, he already provided a way of escape. So, what's really there to worry?

We are both looking forward to this part of our life. I am definitely blessed that I, Eleazar, will not have to go through this alone. Heather has been a blessing and she continues to show me God every moment I am with her. To God I am very thankful for her.

So back to Le Tourneau...



This is all over the campus...it speaks of their moto: Every workplace, Every nation. We like their focus of training porfessionals that will make an impact to their workplace in order for them to reach the nations. That is definitely the shift in my mind when it comes to missions: there are so many people around us, especially in big cities like Los Angeles, that are unreached people groups.
Le Tourneau's statue...and below, these are some of his inventions...
Then this will be one of the airplanes I will be able to eventually fly, quite exciting...

there is something else that I will be looking forward to ...it is local cuisines. I love hole-in-the-wall restaurants. And Heather can testify that Bodacious BBQ is awesome! Better yet, it is affordable and it is across the street from campus.

Overall, we are excited. We just have to visit one other school and once we hear their answer, we would be able to finalize the plans. Please pray that we trust Christ in this time. Thanks.

No comments: